This isn’t meant to be any sort of comprehensive post; but by all means if you have a recommendation to share, send me a link and I’ll add it on.
Consider yourself warned for any and all spoilers, and I did not including ratings, so read at your own risk.
- He’s 19, and okay, she’ll admit it (she’s never been one for cowardice after all), her eyes stray to the curve of bone that’s visible behind his ear, underneath the tangle of black hair, a bit too much to be exactly “neutral.” And alright, so maybe she can’t help but have the soft indent of his collarbone ingrained in her memory, but really, like that’s her fault? She definitely isn’t to blame for the growth spurt of his that left her to address said collarbone whenever she’s near enough to him to have his chest in her direct eyesight. (She won’t even mention the chest.) Billy’s 19, and fuck it, he’s gorgeous, and Zatanna? Zatanna notices.
- Billy went to visit Mount Justice first thing he could, after all the debriefing and rebuilding of the Watchtower was finished. He only had an hour before curfew, but it had been a rough fight for all his friends, so he wanted to make sure that they were alright. Especially Zatanna.
- Their cabin was dark, and Zatanna’s heart filled the unseen space with frenetic beating, her pulse pounding in her ears. A small part of her mind was wailing, stifled, that they were suffering from Ivy’s effects, that she needed to leave, needed space. It seemed so far away, and the warmth Billy was exuding behind her was cloying, sticking in her pores. Every charged moment between them this past week, all her frustration and desire seemed unbearable. She felt feverish. The door clicked behind him, shutting off the last lux of light.
He was ten feet away from her tent when it hit him. Maybe he was better off as Captain Marvel.To be fair, it did make more sense. She was a woman, and to her he was only a boy. She used to be in a relationship with Dick Grayson, for crying out loud- how could he possibly compete with that? Well, Billy Batson might not stand a chance, but the Cap certainly could.
- He notices her in the corner of the room, through all of the smoke and mirrors. She’s tall, taller than him (he has yet to hit his growth spurt even though his father swears it will happen), and the sapphire clip in her hair match the colors of her eyes.
- valentines day ficlet
“Come again, Billy?” Zatanna willed herself to keep her composure because dear lord, he did just not say that, he did just not say that, he did just not say that. “Uh…” was all the teenager could let out, his eyes wide with fear and bewilderment. She rubbed at the top of her mouth, looking over her fellow leaguer in mild fascination. While it had been somewhat obvious that he nursed a schoolboy’s crush on the magician since he was ten, she never thought it would stand five years later. And she never suspected he would actually act on it.
- what requited means
- They say first crushes never last, but he knows better. When he looks at her, standing there, giddily conversing with Artemis, he just knows that this is not a crush anymore. No, this is way more than a crush.
I would love to have a section for fanvids, fanmixes, etc., so please if you have any recs, send them my way and I’ll add onto this post! And if anyone is on this list and wants to be removed, simply send me an ask.
Last updated: 3/10/13.